Áras an Uachtaráin


Áras an Uachtaráin (Irish for 'The President's House') had a colourful history before becoming the Official Residence of the President of Ireland since 1938.  The original house was built by Nathaniel Clements and dates from 1751. Áras an Uachtaráin has known many different lives and witnessed much of the history of modern Ireland in the making.  The house served from 1782 to 1922 as the residence of the British Viceroys.  Official State business takes place here, the home to the President of Ireland, but part of its changing story is its increased openness to the public. 

For tour information:

Telephone No: +353 1 677 0095

Lo Call: 1890 430 430

Fax No: +353 1 672 6454

Gas Lamp