The Office of Public Works wish to advise of upcoming gate closures to Ashtown Gate and Castleknock Gate in order to facilitate the rehanging of the historical gates. The gate restoration project is now at the stage where no further works can take place without closing these gates to ensure the safety of the people working on this project and to complete works as quickly as possible. The outstanding works at each location include:
- masonry work to the piers at each location
- installation of the historic granite bollards, both inside and outside each gate
- Rehanging the restored historic gates
In order for the contractors to undertake this work in a safe manner, it is necessary to close these gates during the following periods:
- Ashtown Gate – From 11pm on Tuesday 29 June to 7am on Monday 5 July 2021 inclusive
- Castleknock Gate – From 7am on Wednesday 7 July to 7am on Monday 12 July 2021 inclusive
Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times at each gate during these works. If the works are completed ahead of schedule, the gates will reopen as soon as practicable.